This beautiful sculpture Kindred Spirits in Midleton, Co. Cork created by Cork artist Alex Pentek was erected to commemorate the generosity of a Native American tribe towards the people of Ireland at the height of the Great Famine.
On Native American Day we remember the generosity of The Choctaw nation who raised $170 in 1847 which would now be worth tens of thousands of dollars to aid those starving in Ireland during the Great Famine.
Indian Country News Log
- Ireland Sculpture Recalls Choctaw Generosity
- Sundance Institute Offers Storyteller Platform
- Concern rises on reservations regarding COVID-19
- Tribe Reacquires Snoqualmie Falls for $125M
- New edition of key reference volume available
- NW Indian College to host art auction
- Tribal self-governance applications due
- New list of federally recognized tribes published
- State of the 'Indian' Nations
- Wind River Legal Code On Line
- Indian Law Appearing in US States' Bar Exams
- Marysville, WA, and Tulalip Tribe Pledge Unity
- Shohomish County WA Requires Tribes to Accelerate Responses